SAY NO TO LITTER!
- 08 Oct
- Hits: 103
Waste management is a challenge in most urban centers, growth points as well as rural service centres. Piles of waste are seen on most road side and open spaces. Littered roads seem to be the order of the day in most urban centers.A clean, safe and healthy environment is a possibility through concerted effort of all stakeholders.
Role of Stakeholders in waste management
· Adopt the cradle to the grave principle, which refers to the responsibility that a company takes for the entire life cycle of a product, service or program, from design to disposal or termination.
· Put a bin in front of your shop.
· Adopt zones such as streets, bust stops, bus termini or recreational parks, for clean ups.
· Clean up your frontage up to the road and back corridors and sanitary lanes.
· Support anti-litter activities around your shopping area.
· Donate branded bins to Local Authorities. This assists not only in bin provision but also in advertising your goods and services.
· Organize regular clean ups to keep shopping centres clean and attractive to customers.
· Set up cages for waste separation to enable recycling to be carried out with ease.
· Food outlets/factory should sell their food leftovers to piggeries or individuals with pets.
· ‘Adopt’ a street in my city/town and maintain it on a regular basis.
Zero Tolerance to Litter - Everyone's Responsibility