Where you an environmental steward in 2017?
- 27 Dec
- Hits: 822
The year comes to an end in a few days time. We hope that 2017 has been a successful year to all our stakeholders. Thank you all for your contribution towards attaining a clean, safe and healthy environment, supporting an empowered society and a growing economy. It is prudent to utilize the remainder of the year in taking stock of our actions and see where we did well or bad for the environment which we live and depend on.
You need to ask yourself a few questions.
- Did I contribute positively to environmental wellbeing?
- Were my actions on the environment centered on sustainable environmental management?
- Am I not the one who polluted the water bodies close to my home?
- Am I not behind the environmental degradation in my area?
- Was I not one of the people who littered the environment?
Congratulations if you were a good environmental steward in 2017. If not, let the old habits die as the year ends. Give yourself another chance in 2018. Play your part towards greening our lovely nation and solving the pressing environmental issues at hand, such as waste management, land degradation, pollution and veld fire management.